You’d like to make a quilt, but don’t know how to begin? This class is just what you need! It will cover the entire process of quilting: fabric selection, rotary cutting, ¼” piecing, borders, sandwiching, quilting, and binding. Over 4 monthly sessions (plus homework) you will be completing a quilt (you choose the size). This class is intended for the beginning quilter. Prerequisite: have a sewing machine and know how to use it.
- “Sunshine and Shadows” pattern by Lori Jonker of Pinecone Hill Quilting
- Rotary cutter with a fresh blade, and acrylic ruler/s (suggested: a 45 mm rotary cutter, and a rectangular ruler that is 3 to 6” wide and 12 to 24” long). Cutting mats are provided for use during class.
- Sewing machine (plus all accessories, feet, bobbins, foot pedal, power cord and manual); and machine needles (size 80/12 is recommended)
- The basics: pins, needles, seam ripper, scissors, clips, tape measure
- Other optional supplies will be discussed in class, allowing plenty of time to acquire them.
- Fabric: Session #1 will include instructions on fabric selection and time to shop, but you are welcome to bring any fabric that you would like to consider incorporating into your quilt.
- All purpose thread (in a color to match fabrics, or a neutral)
- There will be a break for lunch, so plan to either bring a lunch or make a quick run to a nearby restaurant for takeout.
- Questions? email@example.com or 720-204-8679