Add Foundation Paper Piecing to your quilting skill set! This method provides a way to piece complicated shapes and angles and intricate details, by sewing directly onto paper patterns. The class will lead you through a sampler of five paper pieced blocks that you can later incorporate into a quilt. For the experienced beginner and beyond.
- Patterns will be provided in class.
- Rotary cutter with a fresh blade, and a smallish (8 - 12” or so on longest edge) acrylic ruler. Cutting mats and irons are provided for use during class.
- Sewing machine (with feet, bobbins, power cord, pedal, etc.) and machine needles (size 80/12 is recommended)
- All purpose piecing thread (in a neutral color, e.g. gray)
- Tools: pins, clips, seam ripper, fabric scissors, paper scissors, tweezers
- Fabric: bring a bag of scraps from your fabric stash or a variety of fat quarters.
- There will be a break for lunch, so you may bring a lunch or make a quick run to a nearby restaurant for takeout.
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org