This striking quilt looks complicated, but it’s not. This one day class covers everything you need to know to complete the quilt top: fabric placement, on-point setting, and an easy piecing method. Choose vibrant large print fabrics to showcase in this quilt. This class is for experienced beginners and above, and is taught by the pattern designer.
- “Houndstooth” pattern by Lori Jonker (Pinecone Hill)
- Rotary cutter with a fresh blade, and acrylic ruler. Cutting mats and irons are provided for use during class.
- Sewing machine (with feet, bobbins, power cord, pedal, etc.) and machine needles (size 80/12 is recommended)
- All purpose piecing thread (usually in a color to match background, or a neutral, e.g. gray)
- The basics: pins, needles, seam ripper, scissors
- Fabric, see pattern for amounts.
- Prepare for class by completing the cutting directions in the pattern.
- There will be a break for lunch, so you may bring a lunch or make a quick run to a nearby restaurant for takeout.
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org