You’d like to make a quilt, but don’t know the first thing about it? This class is just what you need! It will cover the entire process of quilting: fabric selection, rotary cutting, ¼” piecing, sandwiching, quilting, and binding. Over 4 sessions (including homework) you will be making a 60” x 60” “In My Dreams” throw quilt (this is a new pattern by the instructor). This class is intended for the beginning quilter or anyone wanting to fine tune their quilting skills.
- “In My Dreams” pattern by Lori Jonker (Pinecone Hill Quilting)
- Rotary cutter with a fresh blade, and acrylic ruler/s (If you need to purchase them: a 45 mm cutter is recommended, and a rectangular ruler that is 3 - 6” wide and 12 - 24” long is a good basic ruler). Cutting mats are provided for use during class.
- Sewing machine (with feet, bobbins, power cord, pedal, etc.) and machine needles (size 80/12 is recommended)
- The basics: pins, needles, seam ripper, scissors
- Other optional supplies will be discussed in class, allowing plenty of time to acquire them.
- Fabric: Session #1 will include instructions on fabric selection and you will have time to purchase fabric, but you are welcome to bring any fabric that you would like to consider using for your quilt.
- All purpose piecing thread (in a color to match background fabric)
- There will be a break for lunch, so plan to either bring a lunch or make a quick run to a nearby restaurant for takeout.
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org